San Antonio, TX | Temp/Contract
Works independently or only under general direction to plan and fabricate the more complex wiring harness for all types of avionics and electrical systems designed for aircraft use, taking into consideration the need to avoid interference and interaction between newly installed units and existing aircraft systems.Provides more advanced, technical expertise required for special, more detailed installations. Installs completed avionics harness, circuit breakers, flight and avionics instruments and avionics equipment in new and customer aircraft.Reports directly to Manager Avionics.
- Install avionics harness, circuit breaker, flight and avionics instruments.
- Fabricate avionics/electrical wiring harnesses.
- Check out avionics systems.
- Troubleshoot avionics systems.
- Performs final check out of aircraft avionics systems.
- Use a variety of electrician's hand tools plus avionics electrical and electronic testing equipment, such as volt-ohmmeter, all ramp testing equipment and other types of related testing equipment.
- Daily attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
Requires the use of drawings, schematics, and specifications, use of electronic and electrical testing equipment and a knowledge of avionics installation and functional testing procedures.Technical knowledge of the more advanced systems.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
Requires the equivalent of ten (10) years advanced and diversified technical experience in aircraft avionics and electronic systems installations or 5 years of directly related Company aircraft experience.
- Exposed to typical factory conditions such as engine noise, riveting, dust and chemical fumes, none of which to the extent of being intolerable.
- Hearing, vision and breathing protection provided in appropriate areas.
- Working areas naturally ventilated and mechanically heated when required
- Work may be performed while exposed to elements of weather
- Requires lifting of items weighing up to and over 60 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Requires physical effort associated with standing/walking/ sitting.
- Requires ability to crawl to some degree in performance of duties.
- Requires ability to twist, bend, squat, climb and/or other body movements to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Requires kneeling on occasion in performance of duties.
- Requires the use of either or both hands for grasping items, manual dexterity is required, and the ability to push/pull, i.e.:open/close file cabinets and/or handle machinery.
- Requires the ability to reach above shoulder height in accomplishing job tasks.
- Requires the ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Requires use of either foot or both for operation of foot controls of machinery.
- Sufficient vision required to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Able to properly recognize and distinguish colors.