San Antonio, TX
Essential Job Functions
· Knowledge of MasterCam X, SolidWorks, AutoCad and some Catia.
· Must prove out programs.
· Capable of reading blueprints.
· Capable of using all measurement tools necessary to check parts.
· Capable of proving out machine programs.
· Knowledgeable of TPM.
· CMM experience a plus.
· Knowledgeable of geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
· Capable of selecting appropriate tools and fixtures to run jobs.
· Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth, angle of cut or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media.
· Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
· Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or program control data.
Non-essential Job Functions
· Develop specifications from general description and draw sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
· Confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
· Education/Experience: Associates Degree and 5+ years experience; Vocational/Technical Training Certification and 6+ years experience or High School Diploma, GED or equivalent and 7+ years experience. Prefer Certified Machinist with experience in a precision metal fabrication operation.
· Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
§ Ability to read and interpret documents, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
§ Ability to effectively write reports, correspondence and communicate in English.
§ Ability to speak effectively before employees and management of the organization.
§ Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
§ Solve complex problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.