Heavy Equipment Mechanic
San Antonio, TX
The Heavy Equipment Mechanic will be responsible for the inspection, prevention, maintenance and repair of all types of operating equipment and vehicles. Such equipment and vehicles may include heavy and light automotive equipment, earth moving equipment, heavy earth moving equipment, internal combustion engines (gas and diesel) air compressors, pumps and related machinery. This is primarily a day shift position but must be available for night work in fringe cases.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
· Repairs and maintains various trucks and vehicles, including major and minor work
· Performs routine service calls on both “ on” and “ off” road
· Performs maintenance on heavy equipment such as front-end loaders, milling machines, and pavers.
· Performs preventative maintenance.
· Performs welding and machine work
· Troubleshoots diagnosis and rebuilds any equipment systems.
· Responsible for cleaning equipment and work areas.
· Abide by all related and established safety regulations
· Abide by all established attendance policies
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational Skills and Experience
· GED/High School Diploma Required
· Must have valid and clean drivers’ license. NON-DOT
· Must be proficient with computers and use software to diagnose and repair component systems.
· Ability to provide own basic tools.
- Ability and aptitude to allow rapid/learning of complex mechanical trade work.
- Must be flexible in work schedules and start times.
- Ability to communicate effectively using appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Ability to supervisor own work and be self-motivated.M
- Must have good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour