Laser Tracker Operator
Grand Prairie, Texas | akken_itm
We have an opening in the Grand Prairie, Texas area for a skilled Laser Tracker Operator. This position requires a security clearance and high travel to worldwide locations.
- Work from tool drawings, numerical control data, quality procedures and instructions.
- Inspect details to complete tools utilizing hand tools, surface plate or laser tracker to print and/or model.
- Verify dimensions with the part on the machine.
- Initiate applicable non-conformance documents as required.
- Use Verisurf, Spatial Analyzer and other metrology software.
- Protect, maintain and organize equipment.
- Design measurement tools and adapters to be used with the laser tracker.
- Adjust working shift to coincide with customer shutdowns and to work with the environmental challenges associated with precision measurement tools.
- Must be willing to travel up to 100%
Requires demonstrated ability to read, comprehend and interpret highly technical publications, specifications, orders, sketches, and blueprints and mathematical ability to make complex calculations needed in the area of specialization.
Familiarity and ability to work with solid models in a PC environment.
- Able to work with standard manufacturing hand tools and measuring devices.
An appropriate mix of education and experience which would allow the employee to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above or willingness to train.
Prefer 2 plus years of experience in large scale machining / manufacturing and / or CMM operation.
Thorough understanding of 3D geometry, and XYZ Coordinate Systems.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, E-mail and database software.
Direct experience with Verisurf X software preferred.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 50 hours per week.
Must be flexible with work schedule and willing to work a split shift.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 100%.
Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship or valid Permanent Resident status is required.
Apply today! We need your skills and experience!