Master Mechanic (Heavy Equipment Experience Required)
San Antonio, TX | akken_itm
Responsible for the inspection, prevention, maintenance and repair of all types of operating equipment and vehicles. Such equipment and vehicles may include heavy and light automotive equipment, earth moving equipment, heavy earth-moving equipment, internal combustion engines (gas and diesel) air compressors, pumps and related machinery.
Hours: Monday thru Friday 7AM-5PM and Half Days on Saturdays if necessary.
· Repairs and maintains various trucks and vehicles, including major and minor work
· Performs maintenance on heavy equipment such as front-end loaders, bulldozers, Off-highway trucks and skid steers
· Performs preventative maintenance
· Performs welding and machine work
· Troubleshoots diagnosis and rebuilds any equipment systems
· Responsible for cleaning equipment and work areas
· Abide by all related and established safety regulations
· Abide by all established attendance policies
· Performs other duties as assigned.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.
Qualifications and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· GED/High School Diploma Required
· AA in Diesel Mechanics highly desired but not required
· Must have valid and clean drivers’ license. NON-DOT
· Must be proficient with computers and use software to diagnose and repair component systems
· Ability to provide own basic tools.
- Ability and aptitude to allow rapid/learning of complex mechanical trade work.
- Proven ability to operate a service truck in and around heavy traffic.
- Ability to communicate effectively using appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Ability to supervisor own work and be self-motivated.
- Must have good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee may be frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee may occasionally be exposed to chemicals, solvents, fumes, acids, grease and fuels. The employee may occasionally be exposed to confined and tight work areas. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
- Ability to perform job task assignments 8 to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. ground to shoulder height frequently and up to 75 lbs. ground to waist level height occasionally.
- Ability to perform tasks on rough, uneven surfaces and terrain.
- Ability to work outside occasionally.
- Capable of speaking, sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, climbing ladder and stairs, bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, crawling, reaching, handling, grasping for periods extending to twelve (12) hours per shift.