Quality Production Inspector
Fort Worth, TX
Quality Production Inspector is responsible for ensuring that all documentation, raw materials and finished products meet quality control requirements per Production Work Instructions, Blue-Prints, Specifications, Inspections Procedures and/or Customer supplied requirements.
1. Inspect incoming materials to required specifications and release to production or reject and process accordingly.
2. Perform in-process inspection of parts in production and communicate any adjustments needed to the appropriate supervisor.
3. Performs inspection of finished products manufactured by Greiner as well as finished products received by suppliers per print specifications, work orders, sales orders, purchase order, and/or documented procedures.
4. Process accepted material in accordance with documented procedures
5. Reject and quarantine suspect materials or products and process rejection documentation
6. Work with production to resolve quality issues
7. May perform First Article Inspections per AS9102 and generate FAI reports as needed
8. Work as part of the QA team, apply basic level inspector process knowledge, practices and procedures to standard routine tasks
9. Participates in preparing all necessary documentation for reporting acceptance/rejection of inspected and/or tested items
10. Supports and participates in internal audits and corrective action follow ups, as required
11. Implements and maintains technical quality assurance procedures
12. Participates in ongoing training.
13. Attends all scheduled meetings, missing no more than 10% annually.
14. Clocks in and out for each scheduled workday, break, and meals with no more than 1 missed punch per quarter.
15. Provides excellent customer service, for both internal and external customers.
16. Follows all OSHA and other safety guidelines.
17. Actively demonstrates teamwork at all times.
18. Ability to manage any stress on the job, including but not limited to meeting deadlines.
19. Adheres to company safety standards at all times, such that no serious (requiring medical attention) injury occurred during the prior 12-month period.
20. Follows other policies and procedures such that there are no verbal or written warnings during the evaluation period.
The duties described above are not inclusive. Additional duties may be permanently assigned or required from time to time due to the need to respond to customer needs and remain competitive in the marketplace.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Inspector in a manufacturing environment.
2. Be experienced in reading blue prints, defining measurement techniques, performing inspections and documenting data.
3. Must have experience using magnifying devices, test equipment, and precision measuring instruments (micrometers, indicators, scales, and calipers).
4. Shall be familiar with AIS9100 or similar Quality System. Aerospace regulations familiarity is highly desired.
5. High school diploma, GED or equivalent - Must have demonstrated computer literacy.
6. Bilingual skills preferred (English/Spanish)
7. Must be able to follow directions and be a team player.
8. Must possess the ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications, and perform mathematical computations.
9. Ability to use logic to compare production specs with final product and perform necessary measurements.
10. Ability to develop thorough understanding of operational procedures to practice safe manufacturing.
11. Ability to meet physical demands of the job which include, but are not limited to: walking, bending, pushing, pulling, transporting product, sitting, squatting, and occasionally lifting and carrying items which may weigh up to 25 pounds.
12. Position spends approximately 100% of time standing or walking.
13. Vision and hearing must be within or correctable to within normal range.
14. Must work from the facility and be able to work on time on a regular basis during regular business hours.