Grand Prairie, Texas | Temp/Contract to Direct
The Receiving Coordinator works closely with the Logistics Lead and will receive all materials in shipping and manufacturing. Inspects incoming material for quantity, quality and conformance to specifications and/or other applicable requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor daily deliveries, accept or reject shipments that are not received in satisfactory condition
- Separate delivered items by priority and/or department
- Verifies items received by inspecting condition of items and comparing count/measure of items to Purchase Order and packing list.
- Verifies entered customer account data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data as necessary
- Assists production control in the kitting of materials for manufacturing
- Transfers received orders by routing or delivering items to requesting department
- Assists logistics coordinator in preparing shipments by assembling, packing, protecting, and labeling
- Maintains inventory control and warehouse organization
- Review material certifications for counterfeit parts
- Ensure that all AIT tools are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and Foreign Object Damage
- Looks for ways to improves internal processes
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly and effectively, and will be a team player.
- The ability to work independently to meet deadlines
- Must be proactive to seek out opportunities for improvement
- Familiarity with warehouse and inventory controls
- An ability to read design drawings for Bills of Material (BOMs)
Education and Experience:
1-5 years minimum experience in the field or in a related area.
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
Strong mechanical aptitude
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Problem solving
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Mathematical Skills