San Antonio, TX
Performs simple and complex sheet metal and structural repairs and fabrication operations IAW Approved Data. Reports directly to Director Maintenance and/or Group Leader.
1. Performs a wide variety of sheetmetal assembly, repair, and installation operations which includes any all of the following: cutting, filing, drilling, countersinking, fitting, shimming, aligning, adjusting, clamping, bolting, reaming, sealing, riveting and bucking to assemble primary and major sections of aircraft structures.
2. Removes and installs mechanical, structural, and interior components to aircraft.
3. Performs complex and difficult SRM repairs and service work on
4. Ability to set up and use all pneumatic huck, Olympic, squeeze and
standard rivet guns, shavers and drill motors.
5. Use all mechanic’ s hand tools and measuring instruments such as:
calipers, scales, micrometers and tension meters.
6. Must be familiar with drill taps and various drill sizes.
7. Daily attendance is an essential part of this position.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of directly related aircraft experience.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL CONDITIONS:
Requires lifting of items weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds on a continuous basis.
Requires lifting of items weighing up to sixty (60) pounds on an occasional basis.
Requires physical effort associated with standing / walking / sitting.
Requires the ability to twist, bend, squat, climb and / or other body movements to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
Requires kneeling on occasion, in performance of job duties.
Requires the use of either or both hands for grasping items, manual dexterity is required, and the ability to push / pull; i.e., open / close file cabinets and / or handle machinery.
Requires the ability to reach above shoulder height in accomplishing job tasks.
Requires the ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
Requires the use of either foot or both for operation of foot controls of machinery.