Technical Service Rep/Service Writer
Seguin, Texas | Direct
Our client in the manufacturing industry is looking for a Technical Service Representative/Service Writer for heavy equipment. This is an inside, customer service position, and high mechanical aptitude is essential.
Under direction of the supervisory staff, employee will assist customers and research technical information for all product lines while promoting excellent customer service and maximizing sales.
Essential Functions of the Job:
1. Performs various customer service functions including answering phones, computer order entry, expediting/tracking parts orders, customer assistance in determining correct service parts required and technical support. Expedites parts on back order using computer to source parts locations
2. Learns and becomes well versed with all product lines and applications.
3. Traces lost or delayed shipments by providing precise and accurate information to appropriate carriers to assist with expedient shipments
4. Provides information to dealers regarding pricing, terms, discounts, weights, etc., as requested. Uses knowledge of products, pricing structure, price books, parts manuals and other reference materials. Calculates dealer net prices on parts. Directs customers to the online system, CSI, when applicable.
5. Assists retail customers by providing dealer location information for best possible service
6. Travels to customer locations, warehouses, shows and for training
7. Manages assigned accounts proactively on a daily basis to include submitting to the direct report a monthly call summary report.
8. Responsible for making or exceeding personal account assignment quotas.
9. Assists in training and developing new Customer Service personnel.
10. Evaluate orders that are on special order holds.
11. Assists in gathering data to include but not limited to calculating and preparing direct or dealer assisted parts bids for your assigned accounts.
12. May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s):
1. Knowledge of farm equipment or have a high mechanical aptitude is essential.
2. Knowledge of the Supply Chain Development process is preferred.
3. Excellent communication skills required, both verbal and written. Good Human Relations skills necessary.
4. Must be able to prioritize work schedule, work under pressure, and meet goals/objectives.
5. Ability to problem solve and persuade is essential.
6. Good computer and math skills required.
7. Must be able to read and understand reference books, price books, parts listing and other information sources.
8. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
9. Must be able to work overtime, including weekends.
10. Familiarity with a customer corrective action process is preferred.
11. Experience in writing bid responses is preferred.
12. Must be able to conduct training sessions to a group or one on one.
13. Bi-lingual is preferred.
Core Competencies for Leaders:
A. Leading Change / Change Management:Ability to drive improvement of team, division, and corporate goals and objectives through people. Ability to balance change and continually strive to improve business performance.
B. Leading People / Teamwork: Ability to design and implement strategies which maximize employees’ potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the team, division, and corporate objectives.
C. Communication:Ability to explain, advocate, and express facts and ideas in a convincing manner, and negotiate with individuals and groups internally and externally. The ability to develop internal and external networks and identify the issues that impact the work of the organization.
D. Business Acumen:Understands and interprets business financials and metrics, and utilizes latest business strategies. Focuses on outcomes and creates opportunities for success. Acquires and utilizes human, financial, material and information resources effectively.
E. Results Driven:Ability to make timely and effective decisions and produce results through planning and the implementation and evaluation of business metrics, systems, policies, and program; stressing accountability and continuous improvement.
Education and Experience:
1. College degree preferred either Business or Marketing specialization.
2. Minimum 3 years experience in Inside Sales with some working experience in either - Marketing, Customer Relations, or a Customer Service environment.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
2. Must be able to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays as required to complete job assignments.
3. Required to wear personal protective equipment while performing work in production area.