Territory Sales Manager - West Coast
Seguin, Texas | akken_itm
We have an opening for a West Coast Territory Sales Manager, experienced in heavy equipment dealer sales and government contracts.
Manages, directs, and coordinates efforts to maximize sales and services of heavy equipment within assigned geographical area. Achieves annual measurable growth within territory as set by company. Conducts dealer education training. Controls inventory receivables within territory. Serves as link in company/dealer communication process.
A. Creates and maintains sales volumes relative to the potential for sales within a specific geographical area.
B. Meeting sales quotas assigned to territory.
C. Prepares and submits sales forecasts as requested for use in planning and for controlling dealer inventories.
D. Promotes company products by assisting dealers with retail sales calls, demonstration of new products, assisting with service-related problems, and other related efforts that enhance sales and service.
E. Makes physical calls to dealers, end users and all municipal/state/federal accounts.
F. Required experience with municipal sales and knowledge of state and government contracts.
II. Dealer Relations
A. Establishes new dealers and maintains a dealer organization which will provide the company with maximum sales results.
B. Acts as a liaison between the company and dealer organization to assure proper information is provided regarding product, pricing, accounting, credit, warranty, and other business activities with the company.
C. Ensures adequate repair parts are maintained by the dealer organization.
A. Calls on dealers for sales, collection of receivables, resolving disputes accounts, and monitoring unpaid inventory.
B. Collects accounts receivables on a timely basis and attempts to prevent occurrences of past due accounts, dealer defaults, and bad debts from uncollectible accounts.
A. Provides adequate credit and financial information on dealer accounts including dealer
financial statements, security interest, and UCC-1 agreements.
B. Supplies dealer organization with promotional and advertising material.
C. Attends all product demonstrations, trade shows, and sales meetings requested by the company.
1. Understanding of production processes, maintenance and equipment operation.
2. Excellent driving record/skills.
3. Knowledge of the heavy equipment industry.
4. Basic computer skills required (Word, Excel and ACT).
5. Must Obtain and maintain DOT certification to drive truck and trailer.
6. Bachelor's degree preferred.
7. At least 5-7 years sales experience in Governmental, State & local municipality sales. Must have knowledge of bid processes and procedures.
8. Able to travel up to 75% of the time in your West Coast territory, which includes California,
Oregon, Washington, Arizona, and British Columbia.
9. Ability to work overtime, as needed.
10. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and ability to focus.
11. Must live in territory, near major airport (Northern California preferred).