Los Alamitos, CA | Temp/Contract to Direct
The Transport Aircraft Mechanic & Lead Mechanic performs organizational and intermediate level maintenance on UC-35 aircraft. Is responsible for servicing, troubleshooting, repairing and modifying aircraft systems to ensure continued airworthiness. These tasks are performed on avionics and electrical systems, environmental systems, engines, flight controls and airframe components. Repairs are performed using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills. Reads and interprets manufacturers’ and airline’ s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components. Performs servicing, troubleshooting and repairs on aviation ground support equipment.
The following tasks are examples of the effort required to perform the duties outlined in the purpose of the position. The list is not all-inclusive.
Aircraft Mechanic - Major work tasks/responsibilities
a. Comply with written Company maintenance and logistics procedures.
b. Comply with FAA regulations as applicable.
c. Know, understand and comply with the requirements outlined in the Life Cycle Contractor Support (LCCS) statement of work.
d. Comply with aircraft records procedures and outlined in DA Pam 738-751.
e. Ensure aircraft discrepancies are properly recorded and corrected in accordance with approved maintenance procedures and within the terms of the contract.
f. Know and understand the functions and requirements of the Aerodyn computerized maintenance software.
g. Maintain a clean and organized place.
h. Perform aircraft recovery missions as necessary.
i. Deploy to overseas locations with unit aircraft to support operational requirements.
j. Perform other duties assigned by Company Management.
Lead – Additional work tasks/responsibilities
a. Coordinate daily aircraft mission and maintenance schedule with the Contracting Officers Representative (COR).
b. Provide written and verbal reports to the Regional Manager and Company Program management Office and status of aircraft.
c. Collect and submit timesheets in accordance with Company policy.
d. Coordinate the work effort to site personnel in order to meet customer requirements.
e. Other administrative tasks as required.
The person assigned to this position has the full responsibility and authority to execute all essential duties as described above.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Minimum of two years flight line experience with specific experience on UC-35 (Citation V Ultra/Encore) aircraft preferred.
· Possess a valid FAA Aircraft & Power plant (A&P) license for a minimum of two years and shows compliance with FAR 65.83, recent experience requirements
· Be physically able to deploy with unit aircraft to overseas locations.
· Obtain/maintain secret security clearance.
· Work is usually conducted in an office, warehouse and aircraft hangar atmosphere.
· Exposed to typical aircraft maintenance conditions such as engine noise, riveting, dust and chemical fumes, none of which to the extent of being intolerable. Hearing, vision and breathing protection provided in appropriate areas.
· Some exposure to elements of weather when traveling and/or commuting between buildings.
· May require extensive travel.
· Overtime may be required on occasion.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL CONDITIONS:
· Normal physical exertion required for periods of working on foot or standing.
· Requires lifting of items weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Requires kneeling on occasion in performance of duties.
· Requires ability to twist, bend, squat, climb and/or other body movements to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
· Requires the use of either or both hands for grasping items.
· Manual dexterity and the ability to push/pull, i.e.: open/close file cabinets and/or handle machinery is required.
· Requires the ability to reach above shoulder height in accomplishing job tasks.
· Requires the ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
· Sufficient vision required to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
· Requires sustained periods of concentration.