4M HR Logistics http://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/62243/logos/4mhrlogistics-hml.png http://www.4mhrlogistics.com http://www.4mhrlogistics.com true
A&P Mechanic (Dash-8)
Lakehurst, NJ US
Posted: 02/01/2023 2023-02-01 2023-04-21 Employment Type: Temp/Contract to Direct Industry: Aerospace/Aviation/Defense Job Number: 1252
The candidate will follow all applicable Company processes and procedures, instructions, guidelines, and technical data in performance of their duties. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs aircraft assembly and disassembly of all major and subsystems on Dash 8 aircraft in accordance with technical manuals, engineering directives, and available data.
- Performs aircraft inspections for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of flight controls, components, and systems. Repairs damage, corrosion, loose or missing fasteners using tools, specialized measurement equipment and provides detailed documentation.
- Troubleshoots issues on all aircraft systems and corrects, adjusts, or replaces failing equipment and/or parts.
- Checks and services all systems for launch and recovery with required lubricants, gases, fuel, oxygen, refrigerants, etc.
- Operates ground support equipment in support of ground movement for flight operations, flight test, and ground runs. May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, fork lift, APU, etc.
- Must understand and apply Safety Data Sheets (SDS) associated with hazardous materials required in support of aircraft maintenance.
- Must be able to thoroughly describe and document discrepancies, logbook entries, corrective actions, and all task driven documentation.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Secret Security Clearance is required
- 3 or more years experience on the Dash 8 is strongly preferred.
- Airframe and Powerplant license required.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Ability to read blueprints, specifications, technical manuals and test equipment procedures.
- Requires lifting of items weighing up to sixty (60) pounds on an occasional basis.
- Requires physical effort associated with standing / walking / sitting.
- Requires the ability to crawl to some degree in performance of job duties.
- Requires the ability to twist, bend, squat, climb and / other body movements to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Requires kneeling on occasion in performance of job duties.
- Requires the use of either or both hands for grasping items, manual dexterity is required and the ability to push / pull; i.e., open / close file cabinets and / or handle machinery.
- Requires the ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Able to properly recognize and distinguish colors.
- Sufficient vision required to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Requires sustained periods of concentration.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations without affecting logical decision making.