4M HR Logistics http://cdn.haleymarketing.com/templates/62243/logos/4mhrlogistics-hml.png http://www.4mhrlogistics.com http://www.4mhrlogistics.com true
San Antonio, TX US
Posted: 05/09/2023 2023-05-09 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Temp/Contract to Direct Industry: Aerospace/Aviation/Defense Job Number: 1264
The candidate will follow all applicable Company processes and procedures, instructions, guidelines, and technical data in performance of their duties. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs aircraft assembly and disassembly of all major and subsystems in accordance with technical manuals, engineering directives, and available data.
- Performs aircraft inspections for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of flight controls, components, and systems. Repairs damage, corrosion, loose or missing fasteners using tools, specialized measurement equipment and provides detailed documentation.
- Troubleshoots issues on all aircraft systems and corrects, adjusts, or replaces failing equipment and/or parts.
- Checks and services all systems for launch and recovery with required lubricants, gases, fuel, oxygen, refrigerants, etc….
- Provides own basic and specialty tools needed to perform daily assignments. Tool boxes will comply with DCMA Instruction 8210.Series to maintain tool control at all times.
- Supports and practices Foreign Object Elimination/Foreign Object Debris control measures in accordance with FAA and DCMA Instruction 8210.Series requirements.
- Operates ground support equipment in support of ground movement for flight operations, flight test, and ground runs. May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, fork lift, APU, etc….
- Must understand and apply Safety Data Sheets (SDS) associated with hazardous materials required in support of aircraft maintenance.
- The applicant must pass a respiratory exam and wear a fitted respirator for these processes and applications when directed by SDS, drawings, technical data, or supervisors.
- Must be able to thoroughly describe and document discrepancies, logbook entries, corrective actions, and all task driven documentation.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- High school graduate or equivalent. Ability to read blueprints, specifications, technical manuals and test equipment procedures.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Requires 10 years or more of diversified aircraft and engine maintenance and repairs, or 5 years of directly-related Company experience.
- Airframe and Power Plant license required.
- Requires lifting of items weighing up to sixty (60) pounds on an occasional basis.
- Requires physical effort associated with standing / walking / sitting.
- Requires the ability to crawl to some degree in performance of job duties.
- Requires the ability to twist, bend, squat, climb and / other body movements to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Requires kneeling on occasion in performance of job duties.
- Requires the use of either or both hands for grasping items, manual dexterity is required and the ability to push / pull; i.e., open / close file cabinets and / or handle machinery.
- Requires the ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Able to properly recognize and distinguish colors.
- Sufficient vision required to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Requires sustained periods of concentration.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations without affecting logical decision making.