Provide assistance to the accounting department by performing the following duties. This position would be on a part time basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Match vendor invoices to purchase orders and receiving records. Obtain expenditure approval when necessary.
- Maintain all accounts payable files and records as well as filing of the same records.
- Prepare sales invoices based upon sales orders, shipping reports, purchase orders, spreadsheets, and charge tickets.
- Maintain all open invoice files and records as well as filing of the same records after paid into historical files.
- Assist in accounts payable and receivable inquiries.
- Research discrepancies in payments and customer claims.
- Correspond with customers and/or vendors in order to update records or provide information as needed.
- Perform data entry input as required.
- Assist with related special projects, as required, including cost accounting functions, spreadsheet analysis and reporting, etc.
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school preferred; or current college student with an Accounting major. May substitute three to five years related experience in place of education. Previous experience in manufacturing and in an oil-related field would be a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
Able to work under moderate supervision in general office setting. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software to include Word, Excel, Project and Access. Intermediate knowledge of computer networks. e-mail systems and telephone systems. General knowledge of office equipment. Great Plains or other accounting software experience would be a plus.