Fort Worth, TX
We have opportunity for an experienced Aircraft Electrician II to support our CFT team at MCAS Cherry Point NC. The team will be performing “ D” Level Modification Support on KC-130J.
Fabricating and installing aircraft wiring circuits, testing aircraft electrical and electronic circuitry, and performing final testing of related and affected electrical, and instrument systems
- Troubleshooting using wiring diagrams, modifying, and repairing complex electrical systems, components and accessories on a variety of military aircraft
- Replace defective control units, relays, boards, servo units, indicating instruments, or other components of the electrical and environmental systems
- Installing non-conventional and related electronic equipment by routing and connecting wiring to new or existing electrical or electronic systems, components, or equipment.
- Researching aircraft modification history, technical orders, engineering change proposals, and manuals concerning wire codes, wiring configuration, and testing procedures
- Assisting in the development of modifications and changes on environmental, electrical, instrument, and other integrated electrical systems
Education and Experience Requirements
- Qualified candidates will have working knowledge of electrical theory, principles, and circuitry
- General understanding of the basic principles underlying electronics
- Demonstrated knowledge of AC and DC power supplies
- Possess a basic understanding of aircraft electrical systems and their interrelationships
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Physical Effort: Work requires standing, stooping, bending, and reaching. Frequent handling, lifting, and carrying objects that weigh 40-50 lbs.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in closed-in areas that are usually noisy and dirty, and where there is a constant danger to the skin and eyes from flying metal chips and abrasive particles; skin irritation from contact with coolants, lubricants, and abrasive compounds; danger to fingers, hands, and other parts of the body from cutting tools, grinding wheels, rotating pieces, and moving parts of machines.
Security Clearance: Must be able to pass the equivalent of a trustworthy National Agency Check plus Written Inquiries.