Ardmore, OK US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Provides personnel work assignments as well as guides, mentors and provides on-the-job instruction or training to the assigned group in related technical information job procedures, safety, and general shop and hangar practices.
Assume responsibility of the quality and quantity of work produced by their assigned team (crew).
Coordinate with the Paint Foreman to carry out duties in the effective and efficient manner.
Must be able to identify corrosion, delamination, and surface anomalies.
Participate and enforce compliance with housekeeping, tool control and environmental and safety programs.
Responsible for the maintenance and preventative maintenance of company fooling and equipment.
Responsible for keeping paint travelers updated on a daily basis.
Assist in requisitioning materials for paint department projects.
Paint Lead will be subject to the any of these processes on a daily basis Masking, stripping, sanding, priming, painting, design work and detail.
Follows technical data, manuals, regulations, and paint Process Specifications.
Demonstrates behavior in accordance to company policies and guidelines.
Demonstrates a high level of focus on customer service, quality and operational awareness.
Perform other task as requested by the Paint Foreman.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have in -depth knowledge of all aspects of Aircraft painting. Ability to read, write and interpret technical data and special operating instructions. Good verbal and written skills and leadership ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have seven (7) or more years’ experience as an “A” level painter.
- Recent lead experience is desired.
- Experience on corporate aircraft as well as large cabin VIP aircraft,
- Valid driver’s license.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Order Processing software.
The work environment characteristics here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the environment is usually loud.
- Employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to explosives and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Must be able to use ladders, stands, lifts, etc. and be able to work on all areas of aircraft.
- Must not have medical conditions that disallow the use of company vehicles and equipment.
- Physical exertion: pulling, bending, pushing, reaching, standing, walking, and lifting/carrying of containers, equipment, etc. not in excess of 50 pounds.
- May work inside or outside of paint hangar,
- Ability to work various shifts which may include evening and weekend hours.