San Antonio, TX
Position Overview:This position is responsible for brazing (bonding)/welding components to assemble metal parts as specified by layout, work order or blue prints using appropriate equipment. This position is offering 13-17/hr based on Brazing and Aerospace experience.
Essential Job Functions
· Using hand torch brazes/welds components.
· Aligns and clamps work pieces together, using rule, square or template or sets up and places them in fixtures, jigs or vice.
· Cleans joints of work pieces, using wire brush or by dipping them into cleaning solution.
· Selects torch tip, flux and brazing alloy from data charts or work order.
· Connects hoses from torch to regulator valves and cylinders of oxygen and specified fuel gas, acetylene or natural.
· Turns valves to start flow of gasses, lights flame and adjusts pressure and mixture of gases to obtain desired color and size of flame.
· Brushes flux onto joint of work piece or dips braze rod into flux to prevent oxidation of metal.
· Guides torch and rod along joint or seam of work piece to heat to brazing temperature and melt braze alloy to bond work pieces together.
· Examines seam and re-braze defective joints.
Non-essential Job Functions
· Braze together broken parts and cover holes to repair leaks.
· Specialize in bonding parts with soft solder and be designated Solderer or Torch II.
· Melt and separate brazed joints, using hand torch or furnace, remove and straighten components and re-braze joint to repair misaligned or damaged assemblies and be designated Brazer, Repair and Salvage.
· Braze together seams of metal sheets, strips, screening, or wire cloth using torch mounted on manually guided crawler and be designated Brazer or Crawler Torch.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent required
- 2+ years experience brazing required.
- Previous Aerospace experience preferred.
· Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
§ Visual acuity sufficient to differentiate minute seams and defects in welded pieces.
§ Experience/familiarity with brazing/welding equipment.
· Physical Demands: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.