Desktop Support Technician
San Antonio, TX
The Desktop Support Technician is to maintain and monitor end-user workstation and productivity on local area network. While also performing a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure workstations and networks are within company standards.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Displays knowledge of technology fundamentals needed for technician role
- Provide primary, secondary and tertiary support for users of desktop computers and peripherals.
- Provide primary support for client computer access to network resources.
- Analyze, support and resolve customer technical issues including, malfunctions or issues with system applications, data communications, email, remote access, and software and hardware peripherals associated with the desktop.
- Install, configure and maintain computer hardware, peripherals and applications consistent with IT standards and processes.
- Coordinate issues and solutions with other IT support personnel and users.
- Respond to user issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Work as a member of a team and provide off-hours support when required.
- Use tracking system to document issues and resolutions.
- Ensure compliance with established company security policies and accepted risk impact to the business.
- Maintain configuration management documentation.
- Perform system or network administrative functions (review of system logs, backup activity, etc.)
- Provide remote support throughout U.S. And other Company Systems world-wide locations as needed.