Heavy Equipment Mechanic
San Antonio, TX
Responsible for the inspection, prevention, maintenance and repair of all types of operating equipment and vehicles in the plant(s). Such equipment and vehicles may include heavy and light automotive equipment, earth moving equipment, heavy earth moving equipment, internal combustion engines (gas and diesel) air compressors, pumps and related machinery. A minimum of 5 years of previous heavy equipment/diesel equipment experience is required. This position would pay 20-27/hr based on experience.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
- Repairs and maintains various trucks and vehicles, including major and minor work
- Performs routine service calls on both “ on” and “ off” road
- Performs maintenance on heavy equipment such as front-end loaders, bulldozers, Off-highway trucks and skid steers
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Performs welding and machine work
- Troubleshoots diagnosis and rebuilds any equipment systems.
- Responsible for cleaning equipment and work areas.
- Abide by all related and established safety regulations
- Abide by all established attendance policies
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 Years of previous Heavy Equipment/Diesel Equipment experience Required.
· GED/High School Diploma Required
· AA in Diesel Mechanics highly desired but not required
· Must have valid and clean drivers’ license. NON-DOT
· Must be proficient with computers and use software to diagnose and repair component systems.
· Must be able to operate truck mounted crane.
· Ability to provide own basic tools.
- Ability and aptitude to allow rapid/learning of complex mechanical trade work.
- Proven ability to operate a service truck in and around heavy traffic.
- Ability to provide timely customer service at all plants or locations.
- Must be flexible in work schedules and start times.
- Ability to occasionally travel up to one (1) week at a time if required.
- Ability to communicate effectively using appropriate interpersonal skills.
- Ability to supervisor own work and be self-motivated.
Must have good analytical and troubleshooting skills.