Junior Buyer/Supply Chain - Manufacturing
Grand Prairie, Texas
The Buyer will be responsible for managing and improving the material procurement supply chain functions as they relate to company purchasing functions. This position works closely with manufacturing, design and finance departments and will assist in the following areas of operations as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that materials are available for order fulfillment and production (both internally and at contract processors) in order to meet customer delivery schedules and delivery customer service levels at the lowest total cost
- Qualifies and approves vendors and coordinates the authorization of purchase orders
- Develops and maintains competitive sources for materials, supplies and services
- Coordinates source selection decisions with other company requirements as required
- Develops and maintains good supplier relations by adhering to high standards of business ethics and fair dealing
- Receives and evaluates proposals from potential suppliers, develops negotiation plans and, with management approval, completes negotiations
- Coordinates engineering, manufacturing and quality control requirements with supplies
- Performs cost/price analyses to advise management of potential savings and establish negotiation goals
- Develops procurement packages with major subcontractors when the company is designated as the prime contractor
- Working under general supervision, performs the wide range of assignments using mature judgment and expertise to develop solutions to specified problems
- Monitors vendor performance and processes credit applications
- Performs other duties, consistent with the position, as required or assigned
- Bachelor’s degree – emphasis in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Finance or Accounting desirable
- Working knowledge of strategic supply-chain activities such as supply planning, sourcing, contracts and supplier performance management
- Two to four years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
Experience & General Characteristics:
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly and effectively and will be a team player.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels, including interpersonal, written, and presentation skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical and commercial concepts
- Strong organization & time management skills and the proven ability to multi-task
- Solid understanding of business and manufacturing processes and issues
- Good negotiating skills in order to obtain the best outcome for company.
- Well-developed analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving skills
- An ability to work independently to meet all deadlines, internal, customer and vendor is essential
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Time Management.
- Collaboration Skills.
Work Environment: - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Safety - Company enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities.
Quality - It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Company Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Company Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.