MRO Aviation Operations Manager
MRO Operations Manager
This position is a highly visible role dedicated to interacting with and supporting company's MRO aviation maintenance customers around the globe. This position will be responsible for managing the shop and technicians by ensuring first class aviation shop management and delivery of tasks compliant with company’ s expectations and in line with company strategy. The Operations Manager will supervise the technicians and be responsible for all daily shop maintenance and project requirements. This position works with and supports the Customer Account Manager, Quality and Logistics team and will work closely with other company maintenance organizations and customers to deliver excellent service and project execution. The Operations Manager will have extensive MRO work scope knowledge on the relevant engines worked (GE90, CFM56, CF34, CF6, PW2000, V2500) to be able to accurately and effectively manage the execution of project requirements in a timely manner. The operations manager will work to continue development of the technical staff through additional training in accordance with FAA regulations and the company quality program.
Role and Responsibilities:
Coordinate with Customer Account Manager (CAM) to review customer work scope requirements, and determine if company can meet requirements through the evaluation of current staff availability and expertise, manual access, travel needs and available tooling.
Coordinate with Quality and Logistics to ensure that specific work scope requirements are meet and parts and needs tooling are available or adequately sourced.
Coordinate with Logistics the details of any shipping needs for off-site work and assistance when needed.
Oversee shop projects by providing oversight for every project that is worked.
Coordinate with CAM to verify that tooling, manuals and parts are available.
Ensure that all work scopes are coordinated and that technical leads have clear understand of customer requirements, provide guidance and support to ensure that customer turnaround times are met.
Responsible for the coordination of all technician activities.
Assign duties and ensure that all regular shop maintenance tasks are completed by technicians in a timely manner.
Responsible for the maintenance of tooling, equipment and overall shop cleanliness as well as support the Quality Manger in maintaining company’ s and its customers' quality standards.
Verifies the accuracy of all time sheets, including time keeping management and time card approval within the ADP system.
Verifying that all technicians time is accurately recorded and is in keeping with submitted project time sheets.
Will coordinate with Cam to ensure that all time recorded to projects is accurate.
Support Logistics Coordinator with providing the parts needs to be sourced for all projects and
assisting with any alternative parts identification and verification to ensure the accurate ordering of parts needed.
Manage the technicians and provide support to ensure the timely and accurate performance
secondary duties an ensure that they are completed on schedule.
Collaborate with CAM and Quality Manager to identify the requirements, needs and availability of engine tooling that ensure that company’ s capabilities are maintained to meet current and future identified needs.
Work with CAM and Quality Manager to assess technicians training qualifications and coordinate training for both classroom and on the job as available to further develop the job skills of company’ s technicians.
Coordinate with finance and management on training to fit within set budget.
Responsible to work with project leads to report to Quality the accurate training records of all
May be asked to travel and work on project as manpower needs may be required.
Additional Duties may be assigned as business needs arise, will act as backup for CAM as needed.
• Must have 7-10 years in-depth knowledge in Aviation MRO with hands-on experience in
an Operations Management role showing progressive advancement.
• Must have A&P License with 10 years hands-on aircraft engine maintenance experience,
with relevant company engine maintenance expertise.
• Thorough understanding of the MRO technical data and OEM knowledge.
• Must have at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
• Accepts being accountable and responsible in work practices and expectations. Delivers
what is promised.
• Must be willing and able to deal with the customer and company employees in a
courteous, professional and effective manner.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• Proficient in computer applications: MS Office Suite, Specifically Excel
• Fosters a collaborative, team-oriented attitude. Communicates effectively with others
with clarity and transparency.
• Uses innovative critical and creative thinking to evaluate and solve work and customer
issues and technical.
• Seeks assistance in solving work problems through collaboration and information seeking.
• Demonstrated ability to work through people with sound teamwork, organizational, and
interpersonal skills. Must be a leader that inspires and motivates a team to exceed what
it thought that it could achieve
• Self-starter who can work independently or with a team with the ability to manage
projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines.
• Exceptional project management, people management and time management skills.
• Ability to work in a demanding, deadline-driven environment
• Have solid group and one on one interpersonal skills
• Ability to act proactively as well as be a creative thinker
• Strong organizational skills that will allow for prioritization of multiple tasks
• Ability to analyze data and make sound observations and recommendations quickly.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience with Quantum Control.
• Experience in preparation of sales quotes and project management.