Maintenance Supervisor - Cement Industry
San Antonio, TX
Responsible for the safety, supervision, administration and efficiency of the mechanical crew. Coach the direct report to increase their efficiency.
· Supervise, train, coach and develop the mechanical maintenance crew to achieve the Department goals in a manner to create employee ownership.
· Responsible to function as a Leader in performing work safely and promoting safety conscious behavior of plant employees ensuring a safe working environment is maintained.
· Organize, administrate and oversee the jobs of the mechanical crew. Responsible for the discipline of the assigned personnel.
· Responsible for the efficiency and safely execution of the work orders.
· Responsible for the continuous improvement of the methodology used for the repairs, especially for repetitive jobs.
· Responsible for the evaluation, resolution or proposal for the solution for problems that affect the overall equipment efficiency. Implement long term solutions.
· Implementation and enforcement of the consistent use of mechanic best practices and precision maintenance tools.
· Efficient used of the resources assigned for the job (personnel, equipment, materials, time) to deliver the expected and committed results in a timely manner.
· Ensure that workers observe safe work practices and perform work assignments within MSHA and Company established safety guidelines.
· Coach the mechanical crew to assure they follow the best practices and use the precision maintenance tools when requires. For that it is needed that the Mechanical supervisor visits the workers in the field several times per day to be on the top of the issues that may arise during the execution of the jobs and provide insights.
· Follow and enforce the following of the Company policies and rules
· Complete reports, forms and other paperwork associated with his activities, including but not limited to Safety forms, environmental forms, schedules, etc.
· Administrate work orders in TMT and keep them organize. Properly close the work orders in TMT (timely and with explanation of the work performed, materials used, etc.) to assure an accurate records and equipment history.
· Coordinate maintenance work with other Departments to enhance overall equipment efficiency and maximize production.
· Prioritize the execution of the work load. Visit the job site prior to scheduling a job to assure all the contingencies were considered before sending the crew to execute the job.
· Daily update the weekly schedule with hours used on each job, unplanned jobs, etc.
· Interface with the Planner and reliability Engineer to assure the right priorities are set and the right jobs are planned and scheduled. Interface with stockroom/procurement to assure the right parts are supplied.
· Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and provide recommendation for capital expenditures.
· Ensure employees observe safe work practices and perform work assignment within MSHA and Capitol established safety guidelines.
· Investigate and define the modifications on equipment that need to be implemented to enhance equipment reliability.
· Read and use equipment documentation (manuals, drawings and other technical information) to understand the failure mode of the equipment.
· Administrate contractors as needed.
· Perform other supervisory duties as assigned.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.
Educational Requirements and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school degree
· Complete understanding of the equipment of a cement industry
· Strong millwright experience
· Proficient in using Windows and Microsoft Office