Manufacturing Controller/Cost Accountant
Fort Worth, TX
Manufacturing Controller - Cost Accountant
Currently looking for an experienced Manufacturing Controller - Cost Accountant to fill an opening with a growing business. Interested candidates should have 5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing/inventory background and skilled in SAP and Excel.
Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Controller - Cost Accountant
- Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system(sets up material masters, monitors material consumption/purchasing/waste, configures system processes in SAP).
- Work with engineering to set up new products/workflows.
- Assist with financial and tax audits.
- Document and monitor internal controls in support of auditing team.
- Oversee warehouse organization, ensure system information agree with physical storage procedures.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts; update system with counted quantities.
- Review and/or prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from supporting departments & outside services.
- Conduct and/or review monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues.
- Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues.
- Update standard costs in the bill of materials.
- Review standard and actual costs (moving average) for inaccuracies.
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles.
- Work with purchasing manager to ensure purchase orders are correctly set-up in the system.
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses.
- Report on breakeven points and margins by products/lines of business.
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances.
- Attend all scheduled meetings, missing no more than 10% annually.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Provide excellent customer service, for both internal and external customers.
- Follow all OSHA and other safety guidelines; adhere to company safety standards at all times.
- Perform all other duties as required.
Requirements of the Manufacturing Controller - Cost Accountant
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance
- Current CPA license preferred
- Minimum 5 years of cost accounting experience in a manufacturing/inventory environment
- Strong cost accounting/inventory management accounting skills with the ability to develop accurate data and forecasts, cycle count, audits, metrics, and reports
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Deep experience in SAP
- Fluently speak, read, and write English, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in time management and organization, detail oriented, skilled in multi-tasking and able to function well in a team- oriented environment
- Strong persuasive skills
- Able to meet physical demands of the job, occasionally lifting items up to 25 pounds
- Ability to manage stress
Compensation for the Manufacturing Controller - Cost Accountant
- Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 DOE, plus 10% annual bonus opportunity