Manufacturing Radiographer 2nd Shift
Fort Worth, Texas
Radiographer prepares and processes parts through Radiographic Inspection. Works on complex assignments and products and takes initiative to research and develop solutions to problems. Performs job independently under minimal supervision.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Radiograph parts by following approved x-ray techniques. Position parts on film or image plate cassettes, expose to radiation and process film or image plates.
2. Interpret images and make accept / reject decisions utilizing SPD or customers specifications. Document and report results per SPD or customer requirements.
3. Perform and document all process checks per SPD approved procedures. Including ensuring all equipment and gages utilized have current calibration stickers
4. Remain familiar with all codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the radiographic methods
5. Develop radiographic techniques or work instructions as required per SPD or customer specifications.
6. Perform preventive maintenance on radiographic equipment as required per SPD procedures.
Secondary Responsibilities/Non Essential Functions:
1. Maintains a satisfactory high level of performance while following appropriate procedures and observing all pertinent safety rules and requirements
2. Maintains appropriate knowledge and ability levels to efficiently perform all assigned work and utilizes this knowledge base to become proficient on new/unfamiliar assignments.
3. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
4. Actively participates in lean/continuous initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Applies lean concepts and tools in work areas.
5. Maintain high ethical/quality standards in all assigned work.
6. May provide necessary guidance and supervision to trainees and other personnel in the technique/method for which they are certified.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 3 – 5 years of NDT related experience. Applicant must have successfully completed 80 hours of Radiographic Classroom Training per the requirements of NAS-410 or A.A.S NDT Degree. Individuals with A.A.S NDT Degree will receive 2 years toward the required minimum experience.
2. Must have completed a 40 hour Radiation Safety Class that is approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
3. Must possess a current Texas Department of Health Industrial Radiography Card or have met the minimum State of Texas requirements to take the examination.
4. Must have the ability to understand codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the method utilized.
5. Must have the ability to understand commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
6. Must have completed a minimum of 800 hours of Radiographic on the job training to become eligible for Radiographic Level 2 certification.
7. Able to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
8. Requires Vision examination per the requirements of QCS-131 & Company Vision Examination Procedure 10.10-3.
9. Must be able to interpret reports and use job specific software applications. Able to use employee self-service systems to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. PMR, TORS, email)
10. The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers about work product and processes and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must be able to read and understand written instructions, procedures, drawings and blueprints. Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
11. Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to utilize computer to access specifications and complete Radiographic inspection reports. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
1. Certification of Radiography Inspectors at all levels shall be per the
requirements of Company Non-Destructive Testing Personnel Qualification and
Certification Procedure QCS-131.
Typical Mental and Physical Demands:
The person in this position needs to intermittently move about inside the plant to transition parts through the assigned work areas. The team member frequently remains in a stationary position. The team member has frequent exposure to x-ray equipment and noise and frequently moves materials weighing up to 30 lbs. around the plant.