San Antonio, TX
Responsible for the timely flow of material, parts and components to the Depot hangar or shop floor to avoid interruption of scheduled work. Perform stock, store and delivery functions to maintain the adequate flow of parts/material to the end user. Submit requisitions for items required specifically for aircraft undergoing Depot maintenance. Perform periodic inventory of parts and materials and equipment and report inadequacies to the MRO / Program Manager
1. Physically stage material for up-coming maintenance work to ensure that the necessary stock is available when required.
2. Work closely with Depot Maintenance Supervisors and Leads to ensure the timely flow of material to the hangar/shop floor and expedite material that has the potential to delay the delivery of the aircraft.
3. Work with other team members to ensure parts sent out for repair/servicing are properly packaged, documented and returned in time to meet schedule requirements.
4. Monitor incoming receipts; communicate with (or act as) the receiving inspector on requirements and assist in resolving problems that affect the receipt.
5. Perform basic research of Illustrated Parts Catalogs, blueprints, Maintenance Manuals, Component Maintenance Manuals, Structural Repair Manuals, Service Bulletins, and Airworthiness Directives to find required parts or material.
6. Monitor work orders to ensure parts are properly issued to the correct work orders and associated discrepancies.
7. Make parts requisitions as required and follow through until parts are on the hangar floor.
8. Daily attendance is essential for this position.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
High School or equivalent. Broad knowledge warehousing and inventory control procedures. Training in basic use of Illustrated Parts Catalogs, Maintenance Manuals, engineering drawings and specifications is preferred. Experience or training in aviation is preferred. Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of basic programs.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
Minimum of 4 years experience associated with warehousing functions of stock, store and delivery of parts and materials. Must posses a working knowledge of basic industry sources for material, parts and components. Must have good communication skills to effectively interact with other team members, maintenance personnel and outside agencies. Must have valid drivers’ license.
Work is usually conducted in a warehouse, office or aircraft hangar atmosphere.
Exposed to typical aircraft maintenance conditions such as engine noise, riveting, dust and chemical fumes, none of which to the extent of being intolerable. Hearing, vision and breathing protection provided in appropriate areas.
Some exposure to elements of weather when traveling and/or commuting between buildings.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL CONDITIONS:
Requires lifting of items weighing up to 75 pounds on an occasional basis.
Requires the use of either or both hands for grasping items. Manual dexterity is required i.e.: unpacking shipping boxes, and re-packing components in boxes.
Requires physical effort associated with standing/walking/sitting.
Requires the ability to reach above shoulder height in accomplishing job tasks.
Sufficient vision and hearing required to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
Requires the ability to twist, bend, squat, climb and other body movements to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.