Mig and Tig Welder
Weld metal components together with brazing and variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate, grind, fit or assemble or repair products related to the manufacture and repair of inflatable packers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and understand engineering drawings and/or weld procedure specifications in order to produce required components.
- Weld metal parts together using both gas welding or brazing and any combination of arc welding processes.
- Perform related tasks such as thermal cutting and grinding.
- Fit or assemble component parts of inflatable packers.
- Locate and repair broken or cracked parts, or alter size of component parts.
- Position and clamp together components of fabricated metal products preparatory to welding.
- Assist other welders as required.
- Maintain clean and orderly work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requires high school diploma or G.E.D. and a minimum of five years related experience and/or training in MIG & TIG welding but with an emphasis on MIG Welding. Must be able to pass a bend test.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write and/or complete routine reports.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision. Ability to read and understand engineering drawings as they pertain to welding of downhole tools and/or parts. Must have own tools adequate to perform job.