San Antonio, TX
Compile information and records to draw up purchase orders for procurement of parts. Compiles and maintains parts inventory and status information to expedite movement of parts needed.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
- Receiving freight and stocking all received items.
- Loading and unloading parts in the inventory warehouse.
- Creating purchase orders for parts, supplies and tools and accurate cost coding of each item.
- Ordering parts as needed to restock or replenish inventory.
- Ordering emergency parts for mobile equipment throughout the company from vendors and deliver parts to job-sites and ensuring that parts are attached to repair orders and that cores are returned to vendors for credit.
- Creating bin locations for new inventory.
- Creating part descriptions and assignment of locations in TMT software.
- Pulling inventory parts for preventative maintenance filter kits and shipping oil samples for weekly processing.
- Restocking all pulled unused parts back into inventory.
- Periodic cycle counts of bins to ensure accurate quantity of parts on hand.
- Returning obsolete parts to vendors for credit issuance.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to three months of related experience and/or training
- Must have clean driving record and the ability to travel to vendor and job site locations
- Must be cost conscience and have the ability to determine durable products over price
- US Citizenship required
- Must be a team player who is safety conscious and quality driven
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to maintain acceptable attendance record
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, as well as communicate clearly