Production Support Coordinator
Fort Worth, Texas
With direct supervision or guidance in a team environment, responsible for performing a variety of product support duties of moderate scope and complexity following well defined procedures and processes in one or more of the following functions: parts identification, shipping, receiving, warehouse, etc.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Identify parts using the proper identification methods and equipment indicated by the picklist or WIP, blueprint and/or customer requirements.
2. Prepare parts and/or materials to assure safe handling for shipment including the completion of the necessary paperwork and shipping records.
3. Prepare packaging per specifications for shipment including computer input for necessary labels, forms and shipping records.
4. Interpret shipping instructions as referenced on Company documents or customer specifications or standards related to preservation and packing.
5. Mark shipments in a legible manner. Prepare air bills, bills of lading and sales order forms for the carrier and Company records.
6. Contact carriers for dispatching shipments, establishing rates or tracing follow-up information.
7. Receive shipments at receiving dock and forward materials to the appropriate team
8. Weigh or count incoming/outbound parts or materials. Perform data input to update system records and verify all documents for completeness and accuracy.
9. Receive material, check and identify parts by type or part number.
10. Prepare parts for storage and place stock in proper location as directed.
11. Select parts from stock to fill orders according to pick lists.
12. Perform cycle inventory count.
13. Maintain and update inventory locations in CICS.
Secondary Responsibilities/Non Essential Functions:
1. Maintains appropriate knowledge and ability levels to efficiently perform all assigned work and utilizes this knowledge base to become proficient on new/unfamiliar assignments
2. May be required to assist in sub-assembly area.
3. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and orderly work area. Maintains a satisfactory high level of performance.
4. Actively participates in lean/continuous initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Applies lean concepts and tools in work areas.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Requires high school diploma or equivalent and two years related product support experience or demonstrated ability to perform described position responsibilities.
2. Able to implement and effectively apply lean/continuous improvement initiatives.
3. Able to effectively demonstrates team member competencies and participates in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
4. Must be proficient in computer terminal operations and possess basic knowledge of MS Office.
5. The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers about work product and processes and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must be able to read and understand written instructions, procedures, forms and specifications. Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
7. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
8. May be required to operate moving equipment and saw equipment and meet OSHA safety qualifications.
Typical Mental and Physical Demands:
The person in this position needs to frequently move about inside the plant to prepare parts for shipment, storage, fill orders, count inventory, and move materials. The team member frequently operates computers and office productivity machinery; occasionally ascends/descends a ladder to retrieve or store parts or materials; and frequently moves materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Frequently is exposed to noise, dust, gas and fumes and works near hazardous equipment or machinery.