- Inspects aircraft fuselage, flight surfaces, and components for damage, corrosion, loose or missing fasteners using specialized measurement tools for detailed documentation.
- Performs structural repairs based on engineering repair procedures or Structural Repair Manual information. Fabricates and installs parts, reinforces, patches, and replaces defective parts.
- Interprets blueprints and engineering specifications to perform aircraft structural modifications based on drawings and technical data. Must be able to provide engineering detailed measurements and recognize material and hardware types to ensure correct applications. OPerforms complex mathematics to determine curvature, angles, pitch, and be skilled with metal forming tools and instruments.
- Manufactures required tooling and shop aides in accordance to available drawings necessary to perform work assignments and meet AS9100 standards.
- Uses hand and powered tools properly and safely for mechanical stripping, sanding, bucking, cutting, and all structures related actions.
- Strips fuselage surfaces, panels, and parts to substrate using mechanical and chemical stripping methods. OPrepares aluminum fuselage surfaces, panels, and parts for conversion coating, primer, and top coat in accordance to MILSPECs and manufactures instructions. Must be proficient at making precision mixture of coatings, adhesives, and sealants. The applicant must pass a respiratory exam and wear a fitted respirator for these processes and applications when directed by SDS, drawings, technical data, or supervisors.
- Provides own basic and specialty tools needed to perform daily assignments. Tool boxes will comply with DCMA Instruction 8210.Series to maintain tool control at all times.
- Supports and practices Foreign Object Elimination/Foreign Object Debris control measures in accordance with FAA and DCMA Instruction 8210.Series requirements.
- Must understand and apply Safety Data Sheets (SDS) associated with hazardous materials required in support of aircraft maintenance. The applicant must pass a respiratory exam and wear a fitted respirator for these processes and applications when directed by SDS, drawings, technical data, or supervisors.