San Antonio, TX
This position performs limited aspects of technical supply management work (e.G., inventory management, storage management, cataloging, and property utilization) related to depot, local, or other supply activities. Work usually is segregated by commodity area or function, and controlled in terms of difficulty, complexity, or responsibility.
- Assignments usually relate to stable or standardized segments of technical supply management operations; or to functions or subjects that are narrow in scope or limited in difficulty.
- The work generally involves individual case problems or supply actions.
- This work may require consideration of program requirements together with specific variations in or from standardized guidelines.
- May be tasked with performing the data entry associated with part removals and installations in the data system.
- Reviews inventory levels as necessary and performs administrative duties as assigned.
- Recommends corrective actions to solve delayed deliveries or related problems.
- Responsible for receiving all material delivered to the site.
- Responsible and accountable for accuracy of inventory at the site.
- Perform other duties as requested
EDUCATION & Experience:
- Minimum of three (3) years actual and recent experience in requisitioning, receiving, storage, issuing, and handling of supplies and equipment is required.
- Completion of high school or equivalent and U.S. military technical school or specialized training course is desired.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL, AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Overall knowledge of a complete supply system to include research, stock control, demand processing, issuing, storage, and handling of supplies and equipment.
· A good working knowledge of the governing supply systems, programs. Policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
· An understanding of the needs of the organization serviced.
· Analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines
· Computer Skills Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must have a DOD SECRET Security Clearance, or can obtain.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a passport and visa for overseas travel.
- Must have and maintain a current civilian driver's license.
- Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and portable stands and navigate these without assistance. Must be able to work at heights 20 feet above the ground. Must be able to work in extreme heat/cold.
- Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, odors, dust. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, balance, push, pull, kneel, grasp, crouch, crawl, work in narrow aisles/passageways, and work in close spaces that restrict movement for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, typing. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
- Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds. Must be able and willing to enter and work in confined spaces, such as aircraft fuel tanks and beneath floor panels with clearances of 18” – 24”.
- Must have the ability to relocate and/or travel as needed to support programs at other locations.