Systems Operator 1 / Front-End Loader Operator
San Antonio, TX
We are looking for Front-End Loader Operators and Machine Operators, levels I – V, for a manufacturing facility in San Antonio! These are contract-to-hire positions, starting at $15.00 hourly for level I. Candidates must be available for rotating shift schedules and be available for considerable overtime, as needed.
As the position levels increase, the responsibilities and duties may include:
- Monitoring heavy machinery to ensure no malfunctions, leakage, spillage, jams
- Operating heavy machinery, such as front-end loaders, bobcats, dump trucks
- Operate heavy equipment relating to coal mill, fuel delivery systems, kilns, coolers, roller mills, etc.
- Utilizing hand and power tools to break down rock, marl, limestone
- Loading and transporting raw and finished product
- Inspecting equipment before and after production
- Maintain communication with control room operators to log and document activity and faulty machinery/product
- Cleaning chutes and heavy machinery to ensure functionality for next shift
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Candidates must be able to work indoor and outdoor. Environment may be humid, hot, and loud. Exposure to moving mechanical parts, dust, seasonal temperature extremes, and rough, uneven surfaces/terrain will occur.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience operating heavy equipment
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Knowledge of hand tools required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- For higher level positions, must have experience in a similar production environment